Permit Information, Guidelines and Applications
The first step in receiving a permit from RIOC is to fill out a permit application. Please fill out the corresponding form below. If you are unsure about certain blanks or don't currently have liability insurance, please just leave those areas blank. Completed forms can be submitted one of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (212) 832-4557
Once your application is received, PLEASE ALLOW 10 BUSINESS DAYS (unless you are submitting during the bulk outdoor application period in January or July) to process the request. Within those 10 days, if your application is approved, you will receive an invoice for payment.
ALL PERMITS ISSUED REQUIRE A CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY. The Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation must be listed as the certificate holder, and the following entities MUST be listed as secondary insured:
New York City
New York State
Empire State Development Corporation
Division of Housing and Community Renewal
Click here for a sample certificate of liability
Click here for Filming/Special Events permit fees
Click here for Facility Use fee
A permit will not be issues unless and application, insurance and payment are submitted.
- Tennis Permit Application
- Sportspark Gym/Pool Application
- Special Event/5K/10K Race Application
- I understand that I must allow ten (10) business days for my application to be processed.
- I understand that I will not be granted access to requested areas unless payment, insurance (when necessary), and signed permit are submitted at least five (5) business days before my first scheduled date.
- If payment, insurance, or signed permit are not submitted in the requested time frame above, I understand that I forfeit the fees associated with any missed time due to late submission.
- Bounced checks are subject to a $20.00 additional penalty fee.
- Credit card payments are subject to an additional 4% fee.
- Credit card and check refunds will be issued in four to six (6) weeks after the date of the initial request.
- Credit card refunds are subject to a 4% processing fee.
- Applications for special events
- Filming/Photography Application
- Sports Field Application
- Retail Advertising Application
- Mobile Food Vending Application
- Good Shepherd Community Center Application
- Cultural Center Map/Application