Parks and Recreation Permitting Information
Due to technical issues, the debut of Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation’s new CivicRec online reservation portal has been postponed.
What does this mean for you?
You must still register an account with CivicRec by 5pm on Friday, February 2nd.
Please click here to do so.
Your CivicRec account will remain active and you will receive invoices through that platform. You will also be able to view facility calendars and availability via CivicRec.
Groups interested in making reservations for Spring and Summer field use – between April 1st and August 31st - will be asked to use RIOC’s Google Forms application. A link to the forms will be mailed to you during your assigned reservation window listed below.
- Feb. 5, 9 a.m. – Feb. 6, 5 p.m. → Roosevelt Island Youth Non-Profit (501c) Groups
- Feb. 7, 9 a.m. – Feb. 8, 5 p.m. → Roosevelt Island Youth Groups
- Feb. 12, 9 a.m. – Feb. 13, 5 p.m. → Non-Profit (501c) Organizations and
Adult Community Groups Under 25 People
- Feb. 15, 9 a.m. – Feb. 16 at 5 p.m. → Adult/Youth Leagues (Non- Roosevelt Island-based)
- Feb. 21, at 9 a.m. → Open registration all groups
Any requests made outside the window listed above will not be processed.
When will I know if my requests have been approved?
The permit department will email all completed invoices emailed by February 28. Please make sure you have a valid certificate of liability on file with RIOC by emailing a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment options will include certified checks, money orders, and credit cards with a 4% processing fee.
RIOC appreciates your patience and cooperation with the CivicRec rollout.