ROOSEVELT ISLAND – (May 20, 2019) – As announced on April 30, 2019, a phased renovation for the Motorgate garage will be starting shortly. The improvements will address deficiencies in the space. The work will be phased to allow for the continued use of the garage as construction progresses.
- Repair concrete surfaces to remove cracked, spalled, and delaminated concrete.
- Install slip resistant topping coating as needed.
- Replace the existing expansion joint material.
- Repair & upgrade the existing drainage system.
- Apply a waterproofing system on the parking deck, ramps, walkways, and curbs.
- Re-stripe the parking spaces and install new wayfinding signage.
- Install electric car charging stations.
What to expect and when:
Effective June 1, 2019 and throughout construction of sections 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D, 7D & 8D, monthly rates for patrons with reserved parking spaces will be adjusted accordingly.
Beginning June 3, 2019, sections 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D, 7D & 8D in the south building will be closed. No parking is allowed in these sections after midnight on June 2, 2019. Violators will be towed.
As a reminder, we expect phase 1 work to be completed in the fall of 2019. No work will occur during the winter months. Construction activities will resume in spring 2020. We anticipate completion of all construction activities in the fall of 2020.
What residents can do to help:
- Your continued patience and cooperation is appreciated as we require residents to temporarily relocate their vehicles within the garage.
- Please observe and comply with temporary modifications to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic patterns.
- For your safety, please stay out of construction areas and other areas as posted.
Community advisories with detailed updates on the Motorgate garage improvements will be sent out as the project progresses. To receive alerts visit rioc.ny.gov and sign up for Island Community Advisories.