Youth Center School Year Program
RIOC operates the Roosevelt Island Youth Center as an after-school and summer drop-in center. The center provides a safe and inclusive environment for youth to gather, socialize, and engage in activities. Through island collaborations and partnerships, the center is geared to serve as an outlet for youth to engage in recreational, educational, and artistic programming.
Please note that a pre-registration form is required to be completed first. Once your application is fully vetted for completeness, you will be contacted directly to be invited to a mandatory virtual orientation. Attendance to the orientation is required before your child can participate.
For information regarding our approach to health and safety click HERE.
- 7-18 years of age (child must turn 7 years of age before December 31st)
- Complete online pre-registration form
- Parent/guardian or family member above 18 years old MUST attend a virtual orientation
- Parent/guardian signs registration form and mandatory consent waivers
- Child MUST attend a Youth Center participant orientation during the school year
- We are encouraging all parents and guardians to send proof of vaccination status for their child (e.g. screenshot, email, hardcopy of vaccination card)
*Registered children ages 7-18 can utilize the facility, throughout the school year (excluding major holidays and inclement weather) and take part in programming 5 days a week. The center is open to all youth and teens.
Please click HERE to pre-register your child for the 2022/2023 school year!
For any questions about registration and waitlist please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-371-3796.
Youth Center Rules & Regulations
- Performing and Visual Arts Activities
- Traditional & Nontraditional Sports
- Fitness & Wellness Activities
- Leadership & Civic Engagement Workshops
- College & Career Readiness Workshops
- Indoor and Outdoor Recreational Activities
- Themed-based Activities
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Culminating Events
School Year Program Begins: Thursday, September 8th
School Year Program Ends: Tuesday, June 27th
Monday - Friday
3 PM - 8 PM
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
6 PM - 7 PM (Ages 7-9)
7 PM - 8 PM (Ages 10 -18)