REMINDER: APPLICATIONS FOR PERMITS DATED JANUARY 1- JUNE 30, 2019 WILL BE ACCEPTED ON NOVEMBER 1.
Sportspark is the island’s recreational facility. The swimming pool, basketball court, and multipurpose room can be rented for a variety of indoor sports and fitness activities. Sportspark is a great sports resource in the middle of New York City!
The facility is just steps from the Roosevelt Island Tramway and NYC Ferry, and only a few more steps from the F train. It is open to both Roosevelt Island residents and the general public.
Gym: (8700 square feet) Full-sized basketball court that is also equipped with soccer goals. Six hoops are available to accommodate full court games as well as multiple small drills and practices. The court is handicapped accessible.
Multipurpose Room: (30 feet by 57 feet) This is a great space for small to medium sized fitness classes like yoga or Zumba. The room also features six Olympic sized tables for table tennis.
Pool: (22.6 meter length) The pool has six lanes and ranges in depth from 3.5 feet to 8.5 feet deep. It is handicapped-accessible, and features stadium style seating. Locker rooms, restrooms, and showers are available. Users must bring their own locks and swim caps.
Building & Permit Hours
Sportspark is open on weekdays from 7am - 9pm, and weekends from 7am - 8pm.
Hours are subject to change due to programming / class schedules.
Permitting Schedule and Fees
Sportspark permit applications are accepted the following times each year:
- Fall Session- September 1 to December 31
- Permit application submission begins July 1
- Payments and insurance due July 31st
- Rolling requests accepted August 1
- Winter and Spring Session- January 1 to June 30
- Permit application submission begins November 1
- Payments and insurance due November 30
- Rolling requests accepted December 1
- Summer Session-July 1 to August 31
- Permit application submission begins May 1
- Payments and insurance due May 31
- Rolling requests accepted June 1