The Octagon outdoor tennis courts are scheduled to reopen on Thursday, April 1st.
Courts will be open from 7:30 AM – 8:30 PM, seven days a week, and maintained/monitored by a RIOC staff member.
Permitting for the courts will begin on Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 at 9AM.
RIOC has implemented an updated tennis reservation and usage system. Please see the below information and links to additional details:
- Reservations can be made online by visiting rioc.civicpermits.com and are only available in one (1) hour increments.
- For a step-by-step guide to how to use the site, please click here.
- Another step-by-step guide can be found by clicking here.
- A player and listed partner can have no more than one (1) active reservation at one time in total.
- Players can hold only one (1) active reservations per calendar day. A reservation will be invalid if you have already played on the same day prior to the reservation.
- When requested by RIOC staff member, each player will be expected to show a form of identification AND their single play confirmation. A printed copy or image on a mobile device of the online reservation confirmation must be brought to the courts.
- All players should arrive five (5) minutes before their reserved time. Players must check in at the court gate waiting area at least five (5) minutes before the reserved hour begins.
- If all players have not checked-in at least five (5) minutes prior to the hour, players will lose their reservation.
- All players should wait in designated social distancing areas until their scheduled match time.
- Play is one hour, starting promptly on the hour.
- Singles play allowed.
- Doubles will be allowed. Players MUST maintain social distancing at all times.
- Masks are required when walking to and from your assigned court. Gloves are strongly encouraged.
- Players under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or adult 21 or over.
There will be corresponding signage at the courts, as well as new play clocks and hand sanitizer stations for players to use.
If you need assistance or if you see anyone not obeying the rules of the court, please contact PSD immediately at 212-832-4545.