Youth Center School Year Program
RIOC operates the Roosevelt Island Youth Center as an after-school and summer drop-in center. The center provides a safe and inclusive environment for youth to gather, socialize, and engage in activities. Through island collaborations and partnerships, the center is geared to serve as an outlet for youth to engage in recreational, educational, and artistic programming.
We are happy to announce that pre-registration for the Youth Center School Year Program is now open!
Please note that a pre-registration form is required to be completed first. Once your application is fully vetted for completeness, you will be contacted directly to be invited to a mandatory in-person orientation on Friday, September 10th at 6:00 PM. Attendance to the orientation is required before your child can participate.
Due to the COVID (19) pandemic, the Youth Center will operate under new procedures and guidelines mandated by New York State (NYS) and recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC) to ensure the safety of our participants and staff.
For more information regarding our approach to health and safety click HERE.
- 7-18 years of age (child must turn 7 years of age before December 31st)
- Complete online pre-registration form
- Parent/guardian or family member above 18 years old MUST attend a parent orientation
- Parent/guardian signs registration form and consent waivers
- Child MUST attend a Youth Center participant orientation
*Registered children ages 7-18 can utilize the facility, throughout the school year (excluding major holidays and inclement weather) and take part in programming 5 days a week. The center is open to all youth and teens.
Please click here to register your child for the 2020/2021 school year!
For any questions please reach out to Ana Medina, Youth Center Assistant Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org or text message at 347-271-1459.
- Arts Activities
- Traditional & Nontraditional Sports
- Fitness & Wellness Activities
- Leadership & Civic Engagement Workshops
- College & Career Readiness Workshops
- Indoor and Outdoor Recreational Activities
- Themed-based Activities
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Culminating Events
School Year Program Begins: Monday, September 14th
Days of Operation: Monday-Friday
M, T, TH, F: 11 AM - 6 PM
Arrival Times: 11-11:30 AM, 1-1:30 PM, 2:30-3 PM
W: 9 AM - 5 PM
Arrival Times: 9-9:30 AM, 1-1:30 PM, 2:30-3 PM